The NEC Society encourages families impacted by NEC to explore these resources:
NEC Online Support Community
Special Interest Group in Necrotizing Enterocolitis (SIGNEC)
- The aim of SIGNEC is to facilitate knowledge sharing, networking and collaboration to optimize research and improvements in practice around the world.
Instituto Pequenos Grandes Guerreiros (Little Big Warriors Institute)
- PGG offers psychological support to impacted families and works to promote NEC research, best practices and improved treatments.
Musical Notes for NEC
Breast Milk for Fragile Infants:
General Support for Families:
- Preemie Parent Alliance: Preemie Parent Alliance (PPA) is a network of organizations offering support to families of premature infants.
- Graham’s Foundation: Created by parents of preemies to support parents of preemies (not NEC specific)
- The Morgan Leary Vaughan Fund: a public charity dedicated to NEC
- Capturing Hopes Photography: documentary style professional photography to families with babies or children in the hospital.
- Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep: Providing the gift of remembrance photography for parents suffering the loss of a baby
- Preemie Prints: tiny footprints changing your life forever
- Ronald McDonald House Charities: keeping families together to help kids heal and cope better