If you have questions, please reach out to our coordinators.
Leslie Napolitano (Leslie@NECsociety.org)
Lead Coordinator for the NEC Society
Heather Denchik, RN, BSN, OCN
Heather Tanner, MSA, BSBA
NEC Online Support Community
Special Interest Group in Necrotizing Enterocolitis (SIGNEC)
- SIGNEC is based in the United Kingdom and aims to facilitate knowledge sharing, networking and collaboration to optimize research and improvements in practice around the world.
Instituto Pequenos Grandes Guerreiros (Little Big Warriors Institute)
- PGG is based in Brazil offers psychological support to impacted families and works to promote NEC research, best practices and improved treatments.
Pasteurized Donor Milk for Vulnerable Infants:
- Human Milk Banking Association of North America
- Information for bereaved mothers who would like to donate their milk
General Resources for Families:
- Patient Advocate Foundation: 501(c)3 organization that provides direct case management services and financial assistance to patients and caregivers.
- NICU Parent Network: NICU Parent Network is a coalition of organizations that serve NICU families.
- Graham’s Foundation: Created by parents of preemies to support parents of preemies (not NEC specific)
- Babywearing in the NICU
- Oley Foundation: Striving to enrich the lives of those living with home intravenous nutrition and tube feeding through education, advocacy, and networking.
- TPN support: ThriveRx offers education, tools, and guidance to help individuals thrive on nutrition support.
- Capturing Hopes Photography: documentary style professional photography to families with babies or children in the hospital.
- Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep: Providing the gift of remembrance photography for parents suffering the loss of a baby
- Preemie Prints: tiny footprints changing your life forever
- Short Gut Syndrome’s Family Support Group
- Short Bowel Syndrome Foundation