The NEC Society’s webinar series on probiotics attracted more than 330 participants from 23 different countries.
These three educational webinars for NICU families, clinicians, and other stakeholders explored the use of probiotics in the NICU with babies at risk of necrotizing enterocolitis.
The slides, recording, and resources from the NEC Society’s probiotic webinars are available:
- Webinar #1: Probiotics and the Prevention of NEC, Death, and Sepsis
- Webinar #2: Experiences of Centers Routinely Using Probiotics
- Webinar #3: Probioticsin the NICU: Considerations Before Routine Use
- Helpful resources
- Review on Probiotics and NEC, by Ravi Mangal Patel, MD and Mark Underwood, MD
- Publication: Roles and Experiences of Parents in Necrotizing Enterocolitis
- Publication: Enhancing NICU Parent Engagement and Empowerment
- Seminars in Pediatric Surgery: Necrotizing Enterocolitis
To view the NEC Society’s webinars on human milk, please click here.