Assistant Professor Neonatology , University of Mississippi Medical Center
I want to investigate NEC clinically as well as basic science level. I have published my work in area of blood transfusion associate NEC and studied the role of tight junction proteins in NEC Mouse Model
Currently I am looking at degree of inflammation at the intestinal resection margins in surgical NEC patients and survival outcomes.
1. Transfusion-associated necrotizing enterocolitis in preterm infants: an updated meta-analysis of observational data. Garg P, Pinotti R, Lal CV, Salas AA. J Perinat Med. 2017 Nov 27. pii: /j/jpme.ahead-of-print/jpm-2017-0162/jpm-2017-0162.xml. doi: 10.1515/jpm-2017-0162. [Epub ahead of print] PMID: 29176013 [PubMed – as supplied by publisher] Similar articles
2. Optimizing Antibiotic Therapy for Necrotizing Enterocolitis – Need of the Hour. Garg PM. Indian Pediatr. 2017 Jul 15;54(7):601-602. No abstract available. PMID: 28737151 [PubMed – indexed for MEDLINE] Similar articles
3. Transfusion-associated Necrotizing Enterocolitis: Authors Reply. Garg PM, Shekhawat P. Indian Pediatr. 2016 Jun 8;53(6):537-8. No abstract available. PMID: 27376619 [PubMed – indexed for MEDLINE] Free Article Similar articles
4. Relationship between Packed Red Blood Cell Transfusion and Severe Form of Necrotizing Enterocolitis: A Case Control Study. Garg PM, Ravisankar S, Bian H, Macgilvray S, Shekhawat PS. Indian Pediatr. 2015 Dec;52(12):1041-5. PMID: 26713988 [PubMed – indexed for MEDLINE] Free Article Similar articles
5. Necrotizing enterocolitis in a mouse model leads to widespread renal inflammation, acute kidney injury, and disruption of renal tight junction proteins. Garg PM, Tatum R, Ravisankar S, Shekhawat PS, Chen YH. Pediatr Res. 2015 Nov;78(5):527-32. doi: 10.1038/pr.2015.146. Epub 2015 Aug 13. PMID: 26270572 [PubMed – indexed for MEDLINE] Free PMC Article Similar articles