University of Florida Professor of Pediatrics
Intestinal mucosal barrier function, relationship to the developing microbiome, environmental factors affecting intestinal function during development.
Effect of antibiotics on developing microbiome. Determining causality for select pathobionts in the pathogenesis of NEC. Human milk microbes and their protective effects on the developing GI tract. Multicenter trial of a pharmacologic agent in the prevention of NEC.
1. Collado MC, Cernada M, Neu J, Pérez-Martínez G, Gormaz M, Vento M. Factors Influencing Gastrointestinal Tract and Microbiota Immune Interaction in Preterm Infants. Pediatr Res. 2015 Mar 11
2. Neu J. Preterm infant nutrition, gut bacteria, and necrotizing enterocolitis. Curr Opin Clin Nutr Metab Care. 2015 May;18(3):285-8
3. Neu J. Intestinal Microbiota Studies in Preterm Infants. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr. 2016 Feb;62(2):193-4.
4. Neu J. The microbiome during pregnancy and early postnatal life. Semin Fetal Neonatal Med. 2016 Jun 7. pii: S1744-165X(16)30015-4
5. Neu J.The human gut microbiota in perinatology and neonatology. Semin Fetal Neonatal Med. 2016 Aug 10. pii: S1744-165X(16)30030-0