The NEC Society is hiring a Fundraising Manager! Please review the details and instructions below for more information. Thank you for believing in our vision of a world without necrotizing enterocolitis!
About the NEC Society
The Necrotizing Enterocolitis (NEC) Society is a small 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to building a world without NEC, a devastating neonatal intestinal disease. The NEC Society cultivates a collaborative culture where employees work together to produce high-quality, impactful work. All team members contribute to upholding and advancing the organization’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
You can learn more about how the NEC Society’s team is advancing NEC research, advocacy, and education by visiting NECsociety.org/faq/.
The Fundraising Manager will report to Founder/Executive Director Jennifer Canvasser, and work closely with the NEC Society’s small staff including Jennifer, Erin Umberger (Director), and Linseigh Green (Outreach Manager). The Fundraiser will be responsible for the execution of NEC Society’s fundraising plan to increase annual donation and corporate gift revenue from $125,000 to $250,000.
NEC Society team members, including the Fundraising Manager, work remotely and can be based anywhere in the continental US. This is a full-time, salaried, and exempt position and the compensation is $62,400 per year. All full-time, salaried, and exempt positions are eligible for QSEHRA health reimbursement of up to $250 per month, optional enrollment in supplemental benefits, and participation in NEC Society’s Retirement Savings Account.
NEC Society’s Inclusivity Statement
The Necrotizing Enterocolitis (NEC) Society is a 501(c)(3) nonpartisan organization that deliberately prioritizes diversity. We are committed to building an inclusive community where all individuals and groups belong. The NEC Society intentionally supports the empowerment of women, people from diverse backgrounds, the LGBTQ+ community, people with disabilities, and groups that have been historically marginalized. We are stronger together. Together we are better equipped to build a more just, equitable world without this devastating disease. Join the global NEC community that’s bringing together families, healthcare providers, and diverse stakeholders to #preventNEC. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply for this position.
The Fundraiser will be responsible for accomplishing specific objectives and activities related to fundraising, including but not limited to:
Gift Processing and Donor Stewardship
- Accurately input donor data and ensure data integrity in Kindful, NEC Society’s donor database
- Design, update and maintain donor reports to evaluate fundraising progress and planning efforts
- Use Kindful to enter and track relevant information, build contact lists, and produce and evaluate progress
- Conduct weekly gift processing and donor acknowledgments, including preparing and sending thank you letters and other donor stewardship materials
- Prepare and support NEC Society directors and staff in fundraising and donor relations
Fundraising and Donor Relations:
- Coordinate and ensure completion of the activities needed to execute and update the current development plan to accomplish organizational revenue goals
- Support successful external communications by managing and monitoring the integration between MailChimp, the NEC Society’s email platform, and Kindful
- Execute the donor stewardship plan and propose new goals for the next fiscal year based on prior year’s performance
- Execute fundraising initiatives, appeals, and campaigns focused on targeting new donors and stewarding existing donors
- Perform required tasks to help the NEC Society team to identify, cultivate, and solicit individuals and entities for program support, major gifts, and annual giving campaigns
- Build and sustain networks of loyal and lifetime supporters of NEC Society by following the fundraising plan
- Remain committed to learning and growing
- Prepared to contribute in meaningful ways to support the organization in executing events, programs, & other initiatives
- Provide attention to detail to ensure high-quality work
- Maintain constructive working relationship with all team members
The ideal applicant has the expertise and talent needed to grow NEC Society’s annual donation and corporate gift revenue from $125,000 to $250,000 over the next 12 months. Applications for the Fundraiser position will be evaluated based on the following:
- Contributed to the advancement of diversity, inclusion, and equity within a workplace or other setting
- Demonstrated ability to accurately enter data, generate reports, and reconcile revenue in Kindful (or a similar donor database)
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate progress to goals and to effectively communicate (in written and verbal formats) the evaluation to executive leaders
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate schedules, activities, and priorities of multiple stakeholders to meet significant deliverables
- Acted independently and with little oversight to execute approved fundraising initiatives, appeals and campaigns
- Provided and received constructive feedback that improved the outcome of a project, cohesiveness of a team, or some other positive outcome
- Committed to building a world without NEC by helping the NEC Society advance research, education, and advocacy through fundraising
- References who can speak to the applicant’s talents, skills, and experience as the NEC Society’s Fundraising Manager
Compensation and Benefits
- $62,400 per year
- 80 hours of paid time off each year
- QSEHRA health reimbursement of up to $250 per month
- Optional enrollment in supplemental benefits
- Optional participation in NEC Society’s Retirement Savings Account
- Flexible hours
- Uplifting team culture
- Remote work environment
- Impactful work benefiting medically fragile infants and their families
How to apply
All applications and communication about this position should be sent via email to email@example.com. No phone inquiries, please.
To apply, candidates must submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A resume or curriculum vitae (CV) in PDF format.
- A cover letter to introduce yourself and answer the following questions (also in PDF format):
- Why is a world without NEC important to you?
- What experience do you have working with small nonprofit organizations?
- Tell us about how you can help the NEC Society advance its work on diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Why is a world without NEC important to you?