Please help us raise awareness and funds to build a world without necrotizing enterocolitis!
World NEC Awareness Day is May 17.
NEC is a devastating intestinal disease that affects vulnerable infants during their first weeks and months of life. Up to 50% of the babies who get NEC will die, and survivors often face life-long health challenges. Yet, few people have even heard of the disease.
Let’s elevate the conversation around NEC and expose the scars, the trauma, and the stillness that come after a NEC diagnosis. Our goal is to empower families and stakeholders to join the international community that’s working to build a world without NEC.
In honor of #NECday on May 17, please show us how NEC has impacted your life and consider making a donation to support the NEC Society’s work. Tag us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Linkedin, and use the hashtags: #preventNEC #NECday
Here’s how you can get involved:
- Register for the NEC Virtual Sessions, May 19 -21
- Double your impact by making a tax-deductible donation to the NEC Society – all gifts are being matched up to $10,000!
- Share 9 Things You Need to Know About NEC
- Participate in Move4Meaning, benefiting the NEC Society
- Order your NEC gear by shopping at the NEC Society’s online store
- Listen to our NEC podcast with the NANNcast
- Join our email list
- Subscribe to our blog and YouTube channel
- If you’re on Facebook, follow us and add our NEC Awareness Day Facebook Profile Frame
- Tag the NEC Society in your photos on social media
- Share your story with the NEC Society
- Create a Facebook fundraiser by clicking “Raise Money” here!
- Follow the @NECsociety on Twitter
- Check out our webinars!
- Visit our FAQ page to learn more
Do you have more ideas or suggestions on how the NEC Society can better serve our community? If so, please email Linseigh@NECsociety.org! We’d love to hear from you!
#NECday #preventNEC #NEC2021