November is Prematurity Awareness Month and November 17 is World Prematurity Day. To celebrate the tiniest fighters and all of those working to protect them, the NEC Society is giving away a “Preemie Courage” prize pack to one deserving NICU! It’s easy to enter your favorite NICU in the drawing- just “Like” the NEC Society on Facebook and leave your NICU’s name in the Facebook post comments. A winner will be drawn at random on November 17, World Prematurity Day.
The Preemie Courage prize pack contains lots of goodies to educate and inspire NICU families and staff, including:
- NEC education posters that highlight the importance of human milk and parent involvement
- 4 KangarooZaks, an ergonomic device designed to facilitate safe and effective skin to skin sessions
- “10 Things All Parents of Preemies Need to Know” educational info cards
- “Tree of Courage” inspirational art cards
- Board books for parents to read to their children in the NICU
- 5 sets of “Love Rocks”, little mementos to inspire love and joy
Enter your NICU today and join us in recognizing World Prematurity Day. There’s no strong like preemie strong!